London’s annual Lobsterfest at Belgo is set to return with cracking deals next month. Kicking off on Thursday, 4th July, this year’s crustacean carnival will run for two months until the end of August. For the first time, Belgo has teamed up with the Padstow- based National Lobster Hatchery, to support their “Buy One Set One Free” initiative and will donate £1 from each dish sold to the campaign. Their work helps to conserve vulnerable lobster populations, preserve marine biodiversity and safeguard our fishing and seafood industry.
The Belgo Lobsters will be sourced from pots off the Nova Scotia coast and the limited edition menu will comprise three dishes created by Executive Chef, Muir Picken who says “creating dishes for Belgo is always great fun but we took it to the next level with our Lobsterfest specials which all have some serious ‘snap’ to them! As well as tasting great, they also come with a donation to the National Lobster Hatchery who work tirelessly to help conserve these magnificent creatures from the deep”.
Belgo’s resident Master of Beer, Skender Ramadani recommends a glass of chilled Blanche de Bruxelles as a perfect match to lobster. A naturally cloudy white beer, brewed slowly with a high proportion of wheat and with coriander and bitter orange peel for flavouring (£4.20 per 33cl bottle).
For further information, including full menus and opening times, visit: http://www.belgo-restaurants.co.uk
- Lobster Cocktail – Luxury version of a 1980s classic; salad of crispy lettuce, sugar snaps, shredded carrot and chicorywith half a lobster in a refreshing lemon dressing.
- Whole Lobster Salad £17.95 – Whole lobster drizzled with dressing and served with crispy lettuce, sugar snaps,shredded carrot and chicory.
- Lobzilla! £19.95 – Whole, grilled lobster served with frites, aioli dip, salad and a set of lobster crackers.
- Centraal: 50 Earlham Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9LJ (T: 020 7813 2233)
- Noord: 72 Chalk Farm Road, Chalk Farm, London, NW1 8AN (T: 020 7267 0718)
- Kingsway: 67 Kingsway, Holborn, London, WC2B 6TD (T: 020 7242 7469)
- Bromley: Intu Bromley, High Street, Bromley, BR1 1DN (T: 020 8466 8522)